THE EXCALIBUR PROJECT®
A special master plan where commitment, education, housing, training, opportunity, and hard work come together to forge our community’s future leaders.
For centuries, the legend of King Arthur and Excalibur, the mythical, magical sword associated with the rightful sovereignty of Britain, has mesmerized young and old.
In some ancient accounts, a young Arthur ascended to the British throne by pulling a sword sticking out from an anvil atop a large stone that appeared mysteriously in a churchyard on Christmas Eve. The stone had a message etched onto it: “Whoso pulleth out this sword of this stone and anvil, is rightwise king born.”
Another version claims that Excalibur was given to Arthur by the Lady of the Lake sometime after he began to reign. However different, both legends agree that Excalibur endowed King Arthur, a valiant and wise young warrior, with special powers, status and success.
That is precisely what The Excalibur Project® will do for foster youths that have aged-out of the system, have nowhere to go, possess very limited resources and even fewer professional connections, need guidance, and yet are wholeheartedly committed to building a better future for themselves.
As it official name —The Excalibur Youth Empowerment Project— states, its mission is to transfer the “powers” of the mythical sword and provide these youngsters every possible tool to support their dreams, commitment and effort: From housing, education, skill development and training, guidance, social enhancement opportunities, and more.
“Whoso pulleth out this sword of this stone and anvil, is rightwise king born.”
from “Morte Darthur,” Sir Thomas Malory’s book on King Arthur and of His Noble Knights of the Round Table
MagicWaste Youth Foundation’s initial plans for The Excalibur Project® call for:
• Assistance with safe, affordable housing for these otherwise homeless young men and women;
• Scholarships and other higher education opportunities.
• Access to training and instructional sessions with professionals, educators, entrepreneurs, and public officials.
• Guidance with work and life skills, including but not limited to resume composition, comprehensive job interview preparation and more.
• Participation in business/trade events.
• Commitment to community work and involvement.
• Adherence to The Excalibur Project® Code of Conduct, with specific guidelines regarding cleanliness; discipline and ethics; curfew; non-violence/no-drugs-or-alcohol agreement; college attendance and performance requirements; personal space and general upkeep responsibilities, etc.
Through The Excalibur Project®, MagicWaste Youth Foundation hopes to assist former foster youths with vital issues, such as education and affordable housing, so they can develop to their full potential.
Help Us Make It A Reality!
The Excalibur Project® is an ambitious master plan whose first phase is scheduled for implementation in 2020. Our team has already identified several sites in Miami-Dade County that meet the overall housing conditions for these young men and women. Members of MWYF’s executive board are also in full-fledged conversations with various public and private entities that would become invaluable partners in this project’s development.
To find out more about our project, please visit our CONTACT page and send us a message with the form.
Fundraising for this project is now underway. Interested in becoming a benefactor and helping us make The Excalibur Project® a reality? Just click on the button to the right and explore the many levels of participation. Thank you!